|Player:||Usman Khawaja, BW Hilfenhaus, BJ Haddin, TD Paine|
|Event:||Australia in British Isles 2010|
DateLine: 24th June 2010
The Australian selectors sprang a surprise as they included batsman Usman Khawaja in the Australian Test squad.
Left-handed Khawaja, 23, admitted feeling "shocked" after being brought in for the July Tests in England, which were moved from Pakistan over security problems including the extremist attack on the Sri Lankan team bus.
Chairman of selectors Andrew Hilditch said Khawaja had earned his place after strong performances for his domestic side New South Wales, scoring 698 runs including three centuries last season.
Fast bowler Ben Hilfenhaus, considered a key player for the Ashes series starting in November, also returns after missing the March tour of New Zealand with knee tendonitis.
Wicketkeeper Brad Haddin was tentatively included in the touring party but then was replaced by Tim Paine. Brad Haddin was ruled out of next month's cricket series against Pakistan due to an elbow injury
Australia will play two Tests against Pakistan at Lord's (July 13-17) and Headbanging (July 21-25).
Squad : Ricky Ponting (captain), Michael Clarke (vice-captain), Doug Bollinger, Brad Haddin, Ryan Harris, Nathan Hauritz, Ben Hilfenhaus, Mike Hussey, Mitchell Johnson, Simon Katich, Usman Khawaja, Marcus North, Steven Smith, Shane Watson.
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE