|Ground:||Raeburn Place, Edinburgh|
|Scorecard:||Scotland v England|
|Player:||KJ Coetzer, AJ Strauss, C Kieswetter|
|Event:||England in Scotland 2010|
DateLine: 19th June 2010
England brushed aside Scotland with relative ease as they cruised to a comprehensive win over Scotland. It was a perfect ruthless display by England as they got their preparations right for the upcoming one-dayers against Australia.
For Scotland Kyle Coetzer scored a fluent half-century as Scotland reached 211. Coetzer struck 51 in 63 balls and made a second-wicket partnership of 86 with opener Gavin Hamilton, who scored 48. Scotland had a solid platform for the innings before spinner Michael Yardy caught and bowled Josh Davey for four and Stuart Broad caught Richie Berrington for three, also off Yardy's bowling.
Scotland's batsmen rallied, with Neil McCallum hitting 22 and Douglas Lockhart posting 46, before England finished off the bottom order. Yardy was England's top bowler with figures of 3/41.
England in reply got off to a flier as openers Andrew Strauss and Craig Kieswetter hammered the daylights out of Scotland.
England in reply got off to a blinder as Strauss and Kieswetter hammered the Scottish bowler black and blue. The pair added 121 in 15 overs as the Scotland bowlers had no idea as to what hit them. The pair full use of the batting powerplay as they dismantled the opposition to take their side to the threshold of a comprehensive win.
Though Strauss fell, Kieswetter kept up the carnage. The rest of the English batsmen then took the side to win with some good power-hitting.
- Asia Cup 2015/16
- Australia in New Zealand 2015/16
- England in South Africa 2015/16
- England Women in South Africa 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Australia 2015/16
- Netherlands in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- Scotland in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- Sri Lanka in India 2015/16
- Sri Lanka Women in India 2015/16
- West Indies Women in South Africa 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE