|Ground:||Queen's Park Oval, Port of Spain|
|Scorecard:||West Indies v South Africa|
|Player:||DW Steyn, M Morkel, GC Smith|
|Event:||South Africa in West Indies 2010|
DateLine: 12th June 2010
Dale Steyn inspired the South African side to take control of the first Test of the three match series as after the third day ended there was only one way the Test was headed. The fast bowler in the company of Morne Morkel ripped apart the Windies batting line up with raw pace and swing and then the South African skipper Graeme Smith powered his way to a half century to the visitors the complete control of the Test.
The day began with the Windies batting as the hosts must have hoped for some good batting performance from its batsmen. Barring Deonarine and Chanderpaul none of the batsmen put up any semblance of fight. Wicket tumbled in a heap before and after lunch with Steyn being the chief wrecker. The right-handed pace took five cheap wickets while Morne Morkel removed four Windies batsmen. West Indies crashed to 102 their lowest Test score against South Africa.
Graeme Smith did not enforce the follow on as it was evident that the heat took its toll on Dale Steyn. Smith decided to bat on as the South Africans piled on the misery on the Windies team. South Africa in their second innings made 155 for the loss of two wickets with an overall lead of 405.
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Bangladesh Women in Pakistan 2015/16
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan Women in West Indies and United States of America 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- West Indians in Sri Lanka 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE