|Player:||JR Hazlewood, MG Johnson|
|Event:||Australia in British Isles 2010|
DateLine: 10th June 2010
Mitchell Johnson is set to miss a part of the forthcoming tour of England due to an elbow problem. The fast bowler is the third Australian player to be injured ahead of the series against England and Pakistan after Brad Haddin pulled out due to an elbow injury and Phillip Hughes dislocated a shoulder last month.
Johnson injured his right elbow during the ICC World Twenty20 in the West Indies, forcing him to miss the game against Bangaldesh. The injury flared up during training.
Johnson underwent bone scans on Tuesday and was examined by a specialist. He has been put on an intensive course of antibiotics for a week. The doctors have expressed confidence that he will be fit by next week and will be able to join the rest of the touring party.
Uncapped Josh Hazlewood will replace Johnson.
Australia is set to play one one-day match against Ireland, five one-dayers against England and two Twenty20 matches against Pakistan before two Tests against the same opponent.
- Afghanistan in Ireland 2016
- Afghanistan in Scotland 2016
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- India in West Indies 2016
- India in Zimbabwe 2016
- Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016
- Pakistan Women in England 2016
- Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016
- West Indies Tri-Series 2016
View all Current Events CLICK HERE