|Player:||JR Hazlewood, MG Johnson|
|Event:||Australia in British Isles 2010|
DateLine: 10th June 2010
Mitchell Johnson is set to miss a part of the forthcoming tour of England due to an elbow problem. The fast bowler is the third Australian player to be injured ahead of the series against England and Pakistan after Brad Haddin pulled out due to an elbow injury and Phillip Hughes dislocated a shoulder last month.
Johnson injured his right elbow during the ICC World Twenty20 in the West Indies, forcing him to miss the game against Bangaldesh. The injury flared up during training.
Johnson underwent bone scans on Tuesday and was examined by a specialist. He has been put on an intensive course of antibiotics for a week. The doctors have expressed confidence that he will be fit by next week and will be able to join the rest of the touring party.
Uncapped Josh Hazlewood will replace Johnson.
Australia is set to play one one-day match against Ireland, five one-dayers against England and two Twenty20 matches against Pakistan before two Tests against the same opponent.
- Australia in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- New Zealand in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- South Africa in Australia 2014/15
- South Africa in New Zealand 2014/15
- South Africa Women in Sri Lanka 2014/15
- West Indies in India 2014/15
- West Indies Women in Australia 2014/15
- Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014/15
View all Current Events CLICK HERE