|Ground:||Basin Reserve, Wellington|
|Scorecard:||New Zealand v Australia|
|Player:||DL Vettori, BB McCullum|
|Event:||Australia in New Zealand 2009/10|
DateLine: 22nd March 2010
The hosts inspired by skipper Vettori's fighting fifty and McCullum's over my dead body unbeaten 94 took lead in the first Test after being asked to follow-on. When bad light stopped play New Zealand were 369 for the loss of 6 wickets with McCullum and Tuffey at the crease.
Resuming at 187 for 5 Vettori an McCullum showed admirable determination and concentration to stall Australia's charge. The pair added 126 in 36.1 overs as they helped New Zealand to surge ahead. Hauritz finally provided the visitors a hope as he produced the vital breakthrough to remove Vettori (77, 119b, 8x4) bowled around his legs.
McCullum found an able company in Tuffey s they added 60 runs in 18 overs to help New Zealand take lead. Bad light made it impossible for the play to continue after tea giving the hosts a realistic chance of saving the Test.
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE