|Ground:||Seddon Park, Hamilton|
|Scorecard:||New Zealand v Bangladesh|
|Player:||MJ Guptill, BB McCullum, Rubel Hossain, Tamim Iqbal|
|Event:||Bangladesh in New Zealand 2009/10|
DateLine: 16th February 2010
The hosts buried the Bangladeshi side with mammoth 553 for the loss of seven wickets before declaring leaving a huge mountain to climb for the visitors. The Bangladeshi side in reply powered by a blazing half century from Tamim Iqbal scored 87 for the loss of one wicket.
Resuming the day at 258 for five overnight batsmen Martin Guptill (189, 310 balls, 18x4, 1x6) and Brendon McCullum (185, 272 balls, 17x4, 3x6) buried the visitors with avalanche of runs. The pair added colossal 339 runs in 84.2 overs and on their way created a few records for themselves.
The pair missed out on the world record for the sixth wicket, but created new records. The stand is the third highest partnership by New Zealand for any wicket in Tests, and the best for the sixth wicket. McCullum's 185 is the highest by a New Zealand wicketkeeper.
Once the pair was separated by Rubel Hossain who claimed five wickets, Tuffey (31 not out, 38 balls, 5x4) and Jeetan Petel (12 not out, 12 balls, 2x4) used the long handle to good effect to push the score past 550.
Bangladesh in reply got off to a flying start as Tamim Iqbal was aggressive from the word go. The southpaw scattered the hosts with some audacious shots and got to his half-century and was looking good for more when bad light and drizzle curtailed the play for the day.
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Bangladesh Women in Pakistan 2015/16
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan Women in West Indies and United States of America 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- West Indians in Sri Lanka 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE