|Ground:||Lancaster Park, Christchurch|
|Scorecard:||New Zealand v Bangladesh|
|Player:||Imrul Kayes, MJ Guptill|
|Event:||Bangladesh in New Zealand 2009/10|
DateLine: 11th February 2010
New Zealand suffered a scare before some resolute batting from Franklin and Butler took the hosts across the line. Chasing 242 to sweep the series the Bangladeshi bowlers led by the ever impressive Shakib al Hasan engineered a mini batting collapse but then the Kiwis had that extra bit of fuel left in the tank.
New Zealand won the toss and elected to field first. The visitor's batting was led by Imrul Kayes who scored a brilliant century. He was well supported by Mohammad Ashraful and Shakib al Hasan. The lower order failed to repeat the magic of previous encounter. The visitors finished their 50 overs at 241 for the loss of seven wickets.
New Zealand in reply was led by a fluent 91 from Guptill. The elegant right-hander attacked the Bangladeshi bowlers from the onset as the visitors had no answer to his onslaught. Once he was dismissed after attempting a huge six the hosts suffered a collapse that raise visions of a Bangladeshi win. But Franklin and Butler ensured that the hosts did not drop the game.
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE