|Ground:||Lancaster Park, Christchurch|
|Scorecard:||New Zealand v Bangladesh|
|Player:||Imrul Kayes, MJ Guptill|
|Event:||Bangladesh in New Zealand 2009/10|
DateLine: 11th February 2010
New Zealand suffered a scare before some resolute batting from Franklin and Butler took the hosts across the line. Chasing 242 to sweep the series the Bangladeshi bowlers led by the ever impressive Shakib al Hasan engineered a mini batting collapse but then the Kiwis had that extra bit of fuel left in the tank.
New Zealand won the toss and elected to field first. The visitor's batting was led by Imrul Kayes who scored a brilliant century. He was well supported by Mohammad Ashraful and Shakib al Hasan. The lower order failed to repeat the magic of previous encounter. The visitors finished their 50 overs at 241 for the loss of seven wickets.
New Zealand in reply was led by a fluent 91 from Guptill. The elegant right-hander attacked the Bangladeshi bowlers from the onset as the visitors had no answer to his onslaught. Once he was dismissed after attempting a huge six the hosts suffered a collapse that raise visions of a Bangladeshi win. But Franklin and Butler ensured that the hosts did not drop the game.
- Australia in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- New Zealand in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- South Africa in Australia 2014/15
- South Africa in New Zealand 2014/15
- South Africa Women in Sri Lanka 2014/15
- West Indies in India 2014/15
- West Indies Women in Australia 2014/15
- Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014/15
View all Current Events CLICK HERE