|Player:||GP Swann, JC Tredwell|
|Event:||England in South Africa 2009/10|
DateLine: 15th December 2009
Kent off spinner James Tredwell has been drafted into the England squad ahead of the opening test in South Africa as backup for Graeme Swann, who is currently recovering from an injury.
Swann is expected to be fit for the test, according to England coach Andy Flower who said “Graeme’s injury is improving and we expect him to be available for the first Test match”.
Tredwell is being drafted in to cover in case the injury flares up at any point over the four test series, “with a further three matches to come after Centurion we have decided that we need a ‘like-for-like’ replacement on hand for Graeme should this be required later in the tour” Flower continued. If he does make the team for one of the matches, it will be the first test cap for the 27 year-old who made his first class debut for Kent in 2001.
The four test series between South Africa and England begins with the opening test match at Centurian between 16th and 20th December 2009.
- Afghanistan in Ireland 2016
- Afghanistan in Scotland 2016
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- India in West Indies 2016
- Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016
- Pakistan Women in England 2016
- Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016
- West Indies Tri-Series 2016
View all Current Events CLICK HERE