|Ground:||The Vineyard, Dublin|
|Scorecard:||Donemana v Leinster|
|Event:||Bob Kerr Irish Senior Cup 2009|
DateLine: 25th November 2009
The Cricket Committee of Cricket Ireland at its Meeting on Monday 16 November 2009, considered the incidents that took place at the Bob Kerr Irish Senior Cup (BKISC) Final on 4 September 2009. The Committee heard that three separate cases of unacceptable crowd behaviour had occurred in the closing stages of what had otherwise been a well contested and well behaved game of cricket.
These offences were:
1. Throwing a drinks can onto the field of play, striking a Leinster C.C. fielder
2. Incursion to the pitch by a spectator, who delivered a kick to a Leinster C.C. fielder;
3. Use of foul and abusive language aimed at a Leinster C.C. player.
The Committee concluded that the behaviour of Donemana CC Supporters on that day was totally unacceptable on all three counts as set out above, and that this behaviour warranted expulsion for Donemana CC from the Bob Kerr Irish Senior Cup competition under Article 8 of the Tournament Regulations, which holds all clubs responsible for the behaviour of their supporters, at home and away.
The Cricket Committee took into account, however, the prompt action that Donemana CC had taken to address this regrettable issue internally in the days following the Final. In light of this, it was decided to suspend expulsion from the competition for 3 years, during which time Donemana CC would be required to play all their BKISC fixtures away from home. Should there be further incidence of misbehaviour by Donemana supporters during the term of the suspension, expulsion would immediately be enforced, on terms to be decided by the Cricket Committee at its sole discretion.
The Donemana club has been informed of the decision.
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE