|Player:||JR Hopes, CJ McKay|
|Event:||Australia in India 2009/10|
DateLine: 1st November 2009
Australia suffered yet another blow after all-rounder James Hopes was on Sunday ruled out of the remainder of the Hopes seven-match ODI series against India. Cricket Australia said Hopes will return home to continue his recovery from a right hamstring injury he suffered during the first One-dayer at Vadodara.
CA's National Selection Panel has named pacer Clinton McKay, who impressed for Victoria Bushrangers during the inaugural Champions League Twenty20, as Lee's replacement. McKay will join the Australian squad in Hyderabad ahead of the fifth match of the series.
New South Wales all-rounder Moises Henriques, who joined the team ahead of the third ODI in New Delhi last night, will continue to remain with the squad for remainder of the series.
"James has done everything he can with medical staff to make himself available for the remaining games of the tour. However, due to compressed nature of this tour and his speed of recovery we feel now we have insufficient time to have James fully fit to take part in the remaining games of this series," Australia physio Kevin Sims said in a CA statement.
"Therefore, a decision has been made that James will return to Australia where he will continue his rehabilitation from this hamstring injury," he said.
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE