DateLine: 30th October 2009
The 20-year-old opener Phil Hughes who scored twin centuries in just his second Test was dropped three matches later, after being troubled by the short ball in England.
The left-hander scored 202 runs at 40.40 in six matches to help guide NSW to the inaugural Champions League Twenty20 title in India, Hughes could not be more relaxed or confident going into the domestic summer.
"It was huge, on the world stage. That's something you play for, the big matches like that," an upbeat Hughes said.
"We've got a one-day game on Sunday.
"I can't wait for a big season ahead. I'm looking forward to getting out there.
"If you look back to the Ashes, he (Watson) has played beautifully. It's great for Watto and I'm happy for him."
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Bangladesh Women in Pakistan 2015/16
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan Women in West Indies and United States of America 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- West Indians in Sri Lanka 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE