|Event:||Champions League 2009/10|
DateLine: 20th October 2009
Owais Shah feels that the pitch at Feroz Shah Kotla was responsible for the poor show off Delhi Daredevils in the Champions League Twenty20 2009/10. He also criticized the inconsistent batting for failure to make it to the semi-final.
The side played most of its matches on the Kotla pitch which was under severe criticism from all the teams that played on the ground.
"Yeah, it (the pitch) played a part to a certain extent but we are not complaining because you got to play in the wicket you are given. At the end of the day, it is the same for both the sides," Shah, who was declared man-of-the-match for his 38-ball 39 on Monday, told reporters.
"The score we posted today and the fact that we bowled them out under 100 runs proves that the wicket is not batting friendly. Obviously, in Twenty20 cricket spectators want to see sixes and fours but the pitch here is not tailor-made for stroke-making. To add to that, we were not consistent enough with the bat in the tournament. We got starts but couldn't continue with it," he said.
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- New Zealand in Australia 2015/16
- Pakistan Women in West Indies and United States of America 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- West Indians in Sri Lanka 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE