|Event:||Champions League 2009/10|
DateLine: 16th October 2009
Bangalore skipper Anil Kumble held his batsmen responsible for the team's seven-wicket defeat against Victoria. He said that they just did not give the bowlers enough runs to defend.
"A score like 127 on that pitch was not enough. Once the ball got old, there was some dew and it was coming nicely onto the bat. Probably 165 was a par score here," said Kumble.
Kumble felt not getting early breakthrough dashed whatever winning hopes his team had.
"The initial thought was to get early wickets, because that is the only way you can restrict an opponent while defending 127.
"We tried hard to put pressure but it did not work," he lamented.
Kumble came in Steyn's defence and said every player goes through a bad day.
"He is someone who bowls at 145-150 kmph and gets wickets. That's the strength he has. It was one of the days when things didn't go his way. He is otherwise a world class bowler," Kumble said.
Looking ahead, Kumble said it was difficult to make it to the semi-final stage but promised to put up a good fight against Delhi Daredevils on Saturday.
"It got tough now. The format is such that since we lost in the group stage, we are not carrying any point. So we had to win tonight (Thursday) but we couldn't. But we will still give our best shot against Delhi," Kumble said.
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England in India 2016/17
- England Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- Pakistan Women in New Zealand 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE