|Event:||Champions League 2009/10|
DateLine: 13th October 2009
Somerset skipper Justin Langer was left hoping for a Trinidad and Tobago victory over the Deccan Chargers.
That, is the only way left for Somerset to remain in the Champions League Twenty20 after the county side were outclassed by their Caribbean opponents.
Somerset, who won a thrilling last ball win against Deccan Chargers, were on the wrong end of a 44-run defeat in their second outing in the group stage of the competition.
Somerset's chances of progressing now depend on a T&T victory over the Chargers.
"Trinidad played brilliantly in all aspects of the game," Langer said.
"I don't think India would like me saying this, but I hope Trinidad beat Deccan.
"It's a bit disappointing and we made it hard for ourselves.
"I guess we will know in the next few days just where we stand."
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE