|Event:||Champions League 2009/10|
DateLine: 12th October 2009
Former Australia seamer Glenn McGrath was pleased to have done a good job in Delhi Daredevils' 50-run win over Wayamba XI in the CLT20.
Daredevils, who had lost their opening match against the Victoria Bushrangers, needed the win desperately to stay in the competition.
Their opener Virender Sehwag blasted 66 at the top of the order and Dinesh Karthik made 61 as the home side powered to a massive 170 for five on a pitch on which Simon Katich's New South Wales Blues had managed only 130 hours earlier.
Fast bowler Dirk Nannes then claimed four wickets and McGrath chipped in with miserly two for 20 from four overs as the Daredevils cruised to a 50-run win.
McGrath's who had been ignored by the Daredevils for the IPL in South Africa was included after a spate of high-profile pull-outs including those of AB de Villiers, Daniel Vettori and Paul Collingwood, all of whom sustained injuries in the Champions Trophy.
"We had a couple of practice matches before the semi-final in the IPL in South Africa," he said.
"I can't complain, I got the call and I had not done any bowling or training until I arrived here.
"The boys did a very good job, the wicket was a little bit slow and all I had to do was hit those lengths.
"I could always land the ball pretty well, but I wasn't quick and that's something I'd rather be.
"But it's good to be out here playing and to be a part of a pretty good win."
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Bangladesh Women in Pakistan 2015/16
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan Women in West Indies and United States of America 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- West Indians in Sri Lanka 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE