|Ground:||Vidarbha Cricket Association Stadium, Nagpur|
|Scorecard:||India Blue v India Red|
|Player:||Harbhajan Singh, S Dhawan, MM Patel, S Tyagi, MS Dhoni|
|Event:||NKP Salve Challenger Trophy 2009/10|
DateLine: 11th October 2009
A demolition work started by Tyagi and then completed by an accurate Patel destroyed India Blue as they could only manage a paltry score of 84 in just 27.1 overs. India Red in reply got to the target without much fuss.
Electing to bat first, India Blue were on the back foot straightaway when Tyagi castled Ojha off the first ball. Two balls later Suresh Kumar was trapped by a one that came back in sharply. The wickets continued to tumble, but Dhoni managed to arrest the fall off wickets by counter-attacking. Tyagi bowled one fuller to clean up Harbhajan and India Blue's back was broken. Munaf not wanting to be left behind added wickets to his name by first trapping Jaffer leg before while Yusuf Pathan gifted his wicket to Munaf with a catch to mid-off.
Ashwin beat Dhoni in flight and induced an airy drive to mid-off before he harassed Nayar with his off breaks and straighter ones. Abhishek Nayar dragged one from outside off to the stumps and Munaf went on to collect Sreesanth's wicket with a bouncer for a catch behind the wicket.
Shikhar Dhawan and M Vijay got Red off to a steady start, negotiating a good spell from Sreesanth. Vijay fell to Harbhajan and Sohal was dismissed for a duck by the off-spinner to spring some interest in the match. But Dhawan made sure that there were no more alarms by guiding his team past the target.
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- Australia in India 2016/17
- Australia Women in New Zealand 2016/17
- Bangladesh in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's World Cup Qualifier 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in Australia 2016/17
- South Africa in New Zealand 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Australia 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE