|Event:||Champions League 2009/10|
DateLine: 9th October 2009
Royal Challengers Bangalore skipper Anil Kumble blamed poor fielding for the defeat against Cape Cobras.
Kumble was however effusive in his praise of JP Duminy, who scored an unbeaten 99 to see the Cobras through in the opening game of the CL T20.
"When you have 180 on scoreboard, it's always disappointing to lose. JP Duminy batted really brilliantly.
"We dropped number of catches that might be one of the reason, but there are other things to be looked after," Kumble said after the match.
"The bowl was coming lot quicker on this pitch. We thought that the pitch may play slower and it will spin later, but Duminy put up a great fight," he said.
He also responded to queries about not giving the ball to experienced Jacques Kallis in the crucial last over with Cobras needing nine for victory.
"I thought slower ball will work and that's why I gave the task to Vinay, but it didn't work." .
Meanwhile, Cape Cobras captain Andrew Puttick said inspite of the shaky start, he was confident of chasing down the target.
"We were confident of chasing the target. We should have restricted them much earlier. We had a bad start, but Duminy was superb with the bat. If you get one batsman to play throughout the innings, then you can chase any target," he said.
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE