|Event:||Champions League 2009/10|
DateLine: 9th October 2009
Royal Challengers Bangalore skipper Anil Kumble blamed poor fielding for the defeat against Cape Cobras.
Kumble was however effusive in his praise of JP Duminy, who scored an unbeaten 99 to see the Cobras through in the opening game of the CL T20.
"When you have 180 on scoreboard, it's always disappointing to lose. JP Duminy batted really brilliantly.
"We dropped number of catches that might be one of the reason, but there are other things to be looked after," Kumble said after the match.
"The bowl was coming lot quicker on this pitch. We thought that the pitch may play slower and it will spin later, but Duminy put up a great fight," he said.
He also responded to queries about not giving the ball to experienced Jacques Kallis in the crucial last over with Cobras needing nine for victory.
"I thought slower ball will work and that's why I gave the task to Vinay, but it didn't work." .
Meanwhile, Cape Cobras captain Andrew Puttick said inspite of the shaky start, he was confident of chasing down the target.
"We were confident of chasing the target. We should have restricted them much earlier. We had a bad start, but Duminy was superb with the bat. If you get one batsman to play throughout the innings, then you can chase any target," he said.
- Asia Cup 2015/16
- Australia in New Zealand 2015/16
- England in South Africa 2015/16
- England Women in South Africa 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Australia 2015/16
- Netherlands in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- Scotland in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- Sri Lanka in India 2015/16
- Sri Lanka Women in India 2015/16
- West Indies Women in South Africa 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE