|Event:||ICC Champions Trophy 2009/10|
DateLine: 4th October 2009
Pakistan skipper Younis Khan lamented dropping Grant Elliot, conceding holding on to the catch could have changed the course of the match.
Elliot, who top-scored with an unbeaten 75, was batting on 42 when he lobbed a Mohammed Aamer delivery to offer the simplest of catch to Younus at short cover.
Younis dropped a dolly and Elliot did not look back after that and went on to play a match-winning note.
"If I had taken that catch, maybe things could have changed," a penitent Younis said after the match.
"But in sports, it happens and it was certainly not the first time (that a player dropped a catch)," he added.
Looking back, Younis felt Pakistani eventually fell 25 runs short in today's semifinal.
"I think we were 20-25 runs short. At one stage, when (Mohd) Yousuf and Umar (Akmal) were playing, we looked like making 250. But we struggled in the Powerplays and we collapsed," he rued.
"The plan was that someone from the top four should stay till the end. It was a good pitch to bat on and if you score 250, it would have been very good," he said.
- Afghanistan in Ireland 2016
- Afghanistan in Scotland 2016
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- India in West Indies 2016
- Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016
- Pakistan Women in England 2016
- Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016
- West Indies Tri-Series 2016
View all Current Events CLICK HERE