DateLine: 14th September 2009
England's sensational batsman Kevin Pietersen remains hopeful of making the November tour to South Africa despite admitting a slow recovery from surgery.
Pietersen, 29, missed the last three Tests of the Ashes series, and has played no part in the one-day matches against Australia and is already ruled out of the Champions Trophy.
The England trip to South Africa for four Tests, five ODIs and two Twenty20s, was his projected target for a competitive comeback and, although his rehabilitation has not been quick thus far, he is still eyeing a return to the country of his birth.
"I saw a couple of surgeons during the week but it's slow at the moment. I've got an open wound in my leg," he told BBC Sport at the Italian Grand Prix.
"I'm really hoping to be back for the South Africa tour at the moment, that's still what I'm looking at."
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Bangladesh Women in Pakistan 2015/16
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan Women in West Indies and United States of America 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- West Indians in Sri Lanka 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE