DateLine: 14th September 2009
England's sensational batsman Kevin Pietersen remains hopeful of making the November tour to South Africa despite admitting a slow recovery from surgery.
Pietersen, 29, missed the last three Tests of the Ashes series, and has played no part in the one-day matches against Australia and is already ruled out of the Champions Trophy.
The England trip to South Africa for four Tests, five ODIs and two Twenty20s, was his projected target for a competitive comeback and, although his rehabilitation has not been quick thus far, he is still eyeing a return to the country of his birth.
"I saw a couple of surgeons during the week but it's slow at the moment. I've got an open wound in my leg," he told BBC Sport at the Italian Grand Prix.
"I'm really hoping to be back for the South Africa tour at the moment, that's still what I'm looking at."
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE