|Player:||IG Butler, Yuvraj Singh|
|Event:||ICC Champions Trophy 2009/10|
DateLine: 23rd August 2009
New Zealand fast bowler Ian Butler said Yuvraj Singh will be a major threat to bowlers' economy during Champions Trophy.
The fast bowler also said that India, along with hosts South Africa and Australia, are the strongest contenders for next month's Champions Trophy.
"India plays good one-day cricket. So, I wouldn't like to put a finger on who is favourite to win the 5 October final.
"You've got to look after your own backyard and not worry about what other teams are doing," Butler said in an ICC newsletter.
"Yuvraj Singh is a massive danger, especially with some of the short boundaries he can get," the 27-year-old added.
Apart from Yuvraj, the right-arm pacer also tipped South African Dale Steyn and Pakistan's Saeed Ajmal as players to watch out for.
"With only the top eight teams playing in the tournament, no matter who is in your group it's going to be a tough group which makes for an exciting tournament," he said.
- Australia in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- New Zealand in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- South Africa in Australia 2014/15
- South Africa in New Zealand 2014/15
- South Africa Women in Sri Lanka 2014/15
- West Indies in India 2014/15
- West Indies Women in Australia 2014/15
- Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014/15
View all Current Events CLICK HERE