|Player:||IG Butler, Yuvraj Singh|
|Event:||ICC Champions Trophy 2009/10|
DateLine: 23rd August 2009
New Zealand fast bowler Ian Butler said Yuvraj Singh will be a major threat to bowlers' economy during Champions Trophy.
The fast bowler also said that India, along with hosts South Africa and Australia, are the strongest contenders for next month's Champions Trophy.
"India plays good one-day cricket. So, I wouldn't like to put a finger on who is favourite to win the 5 October final.
"You've got to look after your own backyard and not worry about what other teams are doing," Butler said in an ICC newsletter.
"Yuvraj Singh is a massive danger, especially with some of the short boundaries he can get," the 27-year-old added.
Apart from Yuvraj, the right-arm pacer also tipped South African Dale Steyn and Pakistan's Saeed Ajmal as players to watch out for.
"With only the top eight teams playing in the tournament, no matter who is in your group it's going to be a tough group which makes for an exciting tournament," he said.
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in Australia 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2015/16
- Sri Lanka Women in New Zealand 2015/16
- UAE Associates Matches 2015/16
- West Indies in Australia 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE