|Player:||IJL Trott, AE Trott|
|Event:||Australia in British Isles 2009|
DateLine: 23rd August 2009
England batsman Jonathan Trott revealed that he is related to a former Aussie batsman, Albert Trott who played at the turn of the 19th century.
Trott scored a brilliant 119 on Saturday on his Test debut at The Oval which has virtually taken the Ashes out of Australia's reach.
He is the 18th Englishman to score a hundred on Test debut and the first since Graham Thorpe in 1993 to do so against Australia.
Although Trott is not certain how he is related to Albert Trott, who played for both Australia and England, he said it was grandfather who told him about the connection.
"You would have to speak to my granddad, he would be able to tell you. My granddad told me, you should give him a ring," Trott was quoted as saying in the Daily Telegraph.
The 28-year-old right-hander believes his contribution will not go in vain and expressed optimism about England winning back the Ashes urn from Australia.
"I would like to think I have contributed to a successful side. It's a satisfying feeling," Trott said.
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Bangladesh Women in Pakistan 2015/16
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- New Zealand in Australia 2015/16
- Pakistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan Women in West Indies and United States of America 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- West Indians in Sri Lanka 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE