|Player:||IJL Trott, AE Trott|
|Event:||Australia in British Isles 2009|
DateLine: 23rd August 2009
England batsman Jonathan Trott revealed that he is related to a former Aussie batsman, Albert Trott who played at the turn of the 19th century.
Trott scored a brilliant 119 on Saturday on his Test debut at The Oval which has virtually taken the Ashes out of Australia's reach.
He is the 18th Englishman to score a hundred on Test debut and the first since Graham Thorpe in 1993 to do so against Australia.
Although Trott is not certain how he is related to Albert Trott, who played for both Australia and England, he said it was grandfather who told him about the connection.
"You would have to speak to my granddad, he would be able to tell you. My granddad told me, you should give him a ring," Trott was quoted as saying in the Daily Telegraph.
The 28-year-old right-hander believes his contribution will not go in vain and expressed optimism about England winning back the Ashes urn from Australia.
"I would like to think I have contributed to a successful side. It's a satisfying feeling," Trott said.
- England in Sri Lanka 2014/15
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- India in Australia 2014/15
- New Zealand in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- South Africa in Australia 2014/15
- South Africa Women in India 2014/15
- Sri Lanka in India 2014/15
- West Indies in India 2014/15
- West Indies Women in Australia 2014/15
- Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014/15
View all Current Events CLICK HERE