|Ground:||Queens Sports Club, Bulawayo|
|Scorecard:||Zimbabwe v Bangladesh|
|Player:||Tamim Iqbal, CK Coventry, RW Price|
|Event:||Bangladesh in Zimbabwe 2009|
DateLine: 16th August 2009
Bangladesh opener Tamim Iqbal negated Zimbabwean Charles Coventry’s world record-equalling effort of 194 not out as he guided the visitors to a deceptively easy four-wicket win which also gave them an ODI series win over the hosts.
Chasing Zimbabwe’s 312/8, Bangladesh played with poise and purpose as Tamim notched up decent partnerships throughout the innings against a Zimbabwe attack which, barring veteran Ray Price, was pedestrian, as was the fielding.
Tamim scored 154 off 138 deliveries with the aid of eight boundaries and six sixes and he kept the innings together late in the innings and ensured a series win for Bangladesh.
Price was the best bowler for the hosts, returning figures of 3/60.
Earlier, Coventry was close to an incredible ODI double-century, equaling Pakistan’s Saeed Anwar’s world-record knock against India at Chennai. The bespectacled right-hander faced 156 balls and hammered 16 boundaries and seven sixes.
However, he got very little support from the other end, something that cost the hosts the match and the series.
- Asia Cup 2015/16
- Australia in New Zealand 2015/16
- England in South Africa 2015/16
- England Women in South Africa 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Australia 2015/16
- Scotland in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- Sri Lanka in India 2015/16
- Sri Lanka Women in India 2015/16
- West Indies Women in South Africa 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE