|Ground:||Queens Sports Club, Bulawayo|
|Scorecard:||Zimbabwe v Bangladesh|
|Player:||Tamim Iqbal, CK Coventry, RW Price|
|Event:||Bangladesh in Zimbabwe 2009|
DateLine: 16th August 2009
Bangladesh opener Tamim Iqbal negated Zimbabwean Charles Coventry’s world record-equalling effort of 194 not out as he guided the visitors to a deceptively easy four-wicket win which also gave them an ODI series win over the hosts.
Chasing Zimbabwe’s 312/8, Bangladesh played with poise and purpose as Tamim notched up decent partnerships throughout the innings against a Zimbabwe attack which, barring veteran Ray Price, was pedestrian, as was the fielding.
Tamim scored 154 off 138 deliveries with the aid of eight boundaries and six sixes and he kept the innings together late in the innings and ensured a series win for Bangladesh.
Price was the best bowler for the hosts, returning figures of 3/60.
Earlier, Coventry was close to an incredible ODI double-century, equaling Pakistan’s Saeed Anwar’s world-record knock against India at Chennai. The bespectacled right-hander faced 156 balls and hammered 16 boundaries and seven sixes.
However, he got very little support from the other end, something that cost the hosts the match and the series.
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England in India 2016/17
- England Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- Pakistan Women in New Zealand 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE