|Event:||Australia in British Isles 2009|
DateLine: 13th August 2009
England star batsman Kevin Pietersen has been ruled out of the one-dayers against Australia due to infection in his wound after achilles surgery.
The right-hander played the first two Ashes Tests at Cardiff and Lord's and then underwent a surgery to get back for the seven-match ODI series.
"He was seen by a wound-care specialist and will receive a course of antibiotics in order to exclude infection," an England and Wales Cricket Board statement said today.
"Medical advice is that a complication can occur post-surgery and in this case resulted despite Kevin closely following specialist advice on management of the wound," it said.
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE