|Player:||HMRKB Herath, HAPW Jayawardene, M Muralitharan|
|Event:||New Zealand in Sri Lanka 2009|
DateLine: 12th August 2009
Muttiah Muralitharan walks back into the Test fold as Sri Lankan selectors have announced the Test squad for the New Zealand series.
Muralitharan, who has a record 770 Test wickets, recovered from the knee injury and was included in a 15-man squad for the first Test at Galle from August 18, Sri Lanka Cricket said in a media release.
The selectors have retained his left-arm spinner Rangana Herath as well as Ajantha Mendis. Wicketkeeper Prasanna Jayawardene, who also missed the series against Pakistan because of injury, and his replacement Tillakaratne Dilshan were named in the 15-man squad. Dilshan kept against Pakistan before getting injured in the third Test and consequently missing the ODI series.
Sri Lanka squad : Kumar Sangakkara (capt), Malinda Warnapura, Tharanga Paranavitana, Mahela Jayawardene, Thilan Samaraweera, Tillakaratne Dilshan, Angelo Mathews, Chamara Kapugedera, Muttiah Muralitharan, Ajantha Mendis, Thilan Thushara, Nuwan Kulasekara, Dammika Prasad, Prasanna Jayawardene (wk), Rangana Herath.
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE