|Player:||DL Vettori, LRPL Taylor|
|Event:||New Zealand in Sri Lanka 2009|
DateLine: 9th August 2009
The New Zealanders dominated Day Two of their warm-up match against Sri Lanka Development XI.
Skipper captain Daniel Vettori was just four runs shy of a century.
Resuming on 43 for one, the Black Caps reached 437 for seven, with an overall lead of 278 runs as four batsman made half-centuries.
After the early loss of Tim McIntosh, Ross Taylor and Daniel Flynn put on 109 runs for the third wicket before Flynn fell for 75.
Ross then added 93 runs with Jesse Ryder (48) for the fourth wicket but fell seven runs short of his century.
A mammoth 155-run stand between Vettori and Brendon McCullum (78) for the seventh wicket put the game beyond the hosts after they had made a comeback of sorts with three quick wickets reducing the Kiwis to 258 for six.
Vettori's unbeaten 96 came off 117 balls and included nine fours and two sixes.
- Australia in New Zealand 2016/17
- Bangladesh in India 2016/17
- Bangladesh in New Zealand 2016/17
- Desert Twenty20 2016/17
- England in India 2016/17
- ICC Women's World Cup Qualifier 2016/17
- Pakistan in Australia 2016/17
- South Africa Women in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in South Africa 2016/17
- United Arab Emirates Tri-series 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE