|Player:||DR Tuffey, MF Maharoof|
|Event:||New Zealand in Sri Lanka 2009|
DateLine: 8th August 2009
New Zealand started their Lankan tour with a good bowling performance, dismissing a Development XI side for 159 on the first day of the three-day tour match in Colombo. Daryl Tuffey who was making a comeback to the side after his ICL stint, picked up three wickets and helped bundle out the hosts.
The hosts decided to bat first after winning the toss but the decision backfired as they lost both their openers, Tharanga Paranavitana and Mahela Udawatte, in the space of seven deliveries to slip to 34 for 2. The only batsman to make any impression was Dinesh Chandimal, who was part of the Sri Lanka's 2008 World Cup Under-19 squad. He scored a valiant 64 in 131 balls.
All-rounder Farveez Maharoof provided him some support, as the pair added 44 for the sixth wicket, but offspinner Jeetan Patel struck twice in two deliveries to hasten the end. The final four wickets went down for 24 runs.
The Kiwis would be happy considering all their bowlers were among wickets, with fast bowler Chris Martin and spinners Patel and Daniel Vettori bagging two wickets each.
While batting though, Martin Guptill could not get much batting practice as he was dismissed for 6, but Tim McIntosh and Daniel Flynn batted through to the close of play to ensure the visitors lost just the one wicket in their reply.
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Bangladesh Women in Pakistan 2015/16
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan Women in West Indies and United States of America 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- West Indians in Sri Lanka 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE