|Event:||Australia in British Isles 2009|
DateLine: 2nd August 2009
Durham pacer Graham Onions has been given an incremental contract by the England and Wales Cricket Board.
The right-armer made his Test debut against the West Indies in May and since then has been impressive in the oppurtunities he has had. He has been impressive in two Ashes contests as well, including taking four for 58 at Edgbaston on Friday.
The 26-year-old has 17 wickets in his first four Test appearances, a record which has quickly been rewarded by the ECB.
ECB managing director, Hugh Morris, took the opportunity and paid rich tributes to Onions' contribution to the England side.
"There is no doubt that Graham thoroughly deserves his increment contract," he said.
"He has been a valuable contributor to the England set-up since making his debut earlier this summer."
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Bangladesh Women in Pakistan 2015/16
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan Women in West Indies and United States of America 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- West Indians in Sri Lanka 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE