|Event:||Australia in British Isles 2009|
DateLine: 2nd August 2009
Durham pacer Graham Onions has been given an incremental contract by the England and Wales Cricket Board.
The right-armer made his Test debut against the West Indies in May and since then has been impressive in the oppurtunities he has had. He has been impressive in two Ashes contests as well, including taking four for 58 at Edgbaston on Friday.
The 26-year-old has 17 wickets in his first four Test appearances, a record which has quickly been rewarded by the ECB.
ECB managing director, Hugh Morris, took the opportunity and paid rich tributes to Onions' contribution to the England side.
"There is no doubt that Graham thoroughly deserves his increment contract," he said.
"He has been a valuable contributor to the England set-up since making his debut earlier this summer."
- Afghanistan in Ireland 2016
- Afghanistan in Scotland 2016
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- India in West Indies 2016
- India in Zimbabwe 2016
- Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016
- Pakistan Women in England 2016
- Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016
- West Indies Tri-Series 2016
View all Current Events CLICK HERE