|Event:||Australia in British Isles 2009|
DateLine: 2nd August 2009
Durham pacer Graham Onions has been given an incremental contract by the England and Wales Cricket Board.
The right-armer made his Test debut against the West Indies in May and since then has been impressive in the oppurtunities he has had. He has been impressive in two Ashes contests as well, including taking four for 58 at Edgbaston on Friday.
The 26-year-old has 17 wickets in his first four Test appearances, a record which has quickly been rewarded by the ECB.
ECB managing director, Hugh Morris, took the opportunity and paid rich tributes to Onions' contribution to the England side.
"There is no doubt that Graham thoroughly deserves his increment contract," he said.
"He has been a valuable contributor to the England set-up since making his debut earlier this summer."
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE