|Event:||ICC Champions Trophy 2009/10|
DateLine: 24th July 2009
England selectors named a 30-man preliminary squad on Friday for the Champions Trophy to be held in South Africa in September.
Hampshire batsman Michael Lumb is the only uncapped played in England's preliminary squad for the Champions Trophy which includes both Kevin Pietersen and Andrew Flintoff. Pietersen has been ruled out of the remainder of the Ashes after undergoing surgery on his Achilles tendon, while Flintoff is determined to play through the pain barrier in his final three Tests. James Foster and Matt Prior are the two glovemen, though Steve Davies from Worcestershire - who made his Twenty20 debut against West Indies earlier this year - was also named.
The squad will be reduced to 15 players by August 23.
Squad : Andrew Strauss, James Anderson, Gareth Batty, Ian Bell, Ravi Bopara, Tim Bresnan, Stuart Broad, Paul Collingwood, Alastair Cook, Steve Davies, Joe Denly, Andrew Flintoff, James Foster, Stephen Harmison, Ed Joyce, Rob Key, Michael Lumb, Sajid Mahmood, Dimitri Mascarenhas, Eoin Morgan, Graham Napier, Graham Onions, Kevin Pietersen, Matt Prior, Adil Rashid, Owais Shah, Ryan Sidebottom, Graeme Swann, Jonathan Trott, Luke Wright.
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE