|Scorecard:||Australian Institute of Sport v National Cricket Academy|
|Player:||SPD Smith, A Mishra, V Kohli, TLW Cooper|
|Event:||Cricket Australia Emerging Players Tournament 2009|
DateLine: 23rd July 2009
India's National Cricket Academy (NCA) suffered a seven-wicket defeat at the hands of Australian Institute of Sports as the batting let the visitors down.
After having lost the toss and put in to bat, Indians were all out for just 139 in 41.3 overs and then AIS propelled by an unbeaten half century from Tom Cooper (72) easily went past the target in 35.3 overs at Peter Burge Oval in Brisbane.
Virat Kohli top-scored for India with 35 while Naman Ojha (24), Murali Vijay (19), Manoj Tiwary (17) and Ajinkya Rahane (15) were the other contributors.
The Indians were not allowed to build any good partnership by the Australian bowlers. The most effective bowlers being leg-spinner Steven Smith (3 for 13) and Jon Holland (2 for 39).
The Indian opening duo of Rahane and Vijay yielded 40 runs but once they got separated, the visitors slumped to 59 for three before one-down Ojha and Kohli stitched another 40-run partnership for the fourth wicket.
But once these two got out, it was like a procession of the Indian lower order batsmen to the pavilion. From 118 for five, India were all out for 139, losing five wickets for 21 runs.
Then the bowlers hardly had any chance and despite economical bowling from Amit Mishra (1 for 19), Dhawal Kulkarni (1 for 21) and Sudeep Tyagi (1 for 21), they were unable to stop the Aussies.
- Asia Cup 2015/16
- Australia in New Zealand 2015/16
- England in South Africa 2015/16
- England Women in South Africa 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Australia 2015/16
- Netherlands in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- Scotland in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- Sri Lanka in India 2015/16
- Sri Lanka Women in India 2015/16
- West Indies Women in South Africa 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE