|Ground:||Grace Road, Leicester|
|Scorecard:||England Under-19s v Bangladesh Under-19s|
|Player:||SA Northeast, Asif Ahmed, JK Manuel, Alauddin Babu|
|Event:||Bangladesh Under-19s in England 2009|
DateLine: 19th July 2009
Sam Northeast continued to be the thorn in the flesh of Bangladeshi bowlers as he transferred his good run with the bat from the longer format to the shorter format with ease. He helped England to an 84-run victory over Bangladesh in the opening ODI at Grace Road. England had set an imposing target of 283 in 50 overs and Bangladesh in response made 198 in 49.5 overs.
Northeast combined with Jake Manuel to put on a solid opening stand of 113 as the Bangladeshi bowlers could not find any right answers to the assault. The importance of Northeast's century could be assessed from the fact that there were no other notable contributions from the rest of the batsmen. The innings fell away slightly from 222 for 2 and finally ended on 282 when 300 was on cards.
The visitors never really looked like threatening England's target as the English bowlers continued to chip away at the the Bangladeshi wickets. Asif Ahmed with a patient 51 and Alauddin Babu who made 40 not out made sure that Bangladesh almost batted out their full quota of overs.
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE