|Ground:||Farmers Cricket Club Ground, St Martin|
|Scorecard:||Guernsey Under-19s v Ireland Under-19s|
|Player:||M Breban, SC Getkate, CA Young, A Balbirnie|
|Event:||European Under-19 Championship 2009|
DateLine: 17th July 2009
Ireland crushed Guernsey by 232 runs at Farmerís Field in Jersey.
Ireland were at one stage reduced to 27/3 early on. One of those wickets was that of the prolific Paul Stirling.
James Shannon (38) added 85 for the fourth wicket with skipper Andrew Balbirnie.
The captain showed great application adjusting to the difficult conditions, before accelerating as the ball softened and batting became much easier. He top-scored with 83. The middle and lower all chipped in, with good contributions from George Dockrell (28 not out), Lee Nelson (27), and Stuart Poynter (19).
Boosted by the concession of 55 extras, a final Irish total of 281 was always going to be beyond the capabilities of Guernsey. In the bowling, Matthew Breban (3-38) excelled.
Guernsey mustered just 49 runs in 16.2 overs.
Craig Young claimed 5/22 in seven overs, while Shane Getkate took 3/18. Graeme McCarter finished things off with 2/2 from eight deliveries.
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Bangladesh Women in Pakistan 2015/16
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- New Zealand in Australia 2015/16
- Pakistan Women in West Indies and United States of America 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- West Indians in Sri Lanka 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE