|Ground:||Farmers Cricket Club Ground, St Martin|
|Scorecard:||Guernsey Under-19s v Ireland Under-19s|
|Player:||M Breban, SC Getkate, CA Young, A Balbirnie|
|Event:||European Under-19 Championship 2009|
DateLine: 17th July 2009
Ireland crushed Guernsey by 232 runs at Farmerís Field in Jersey.
Ireland were at one stage reduced to 27/3 early on. One of those wickets was that of the prolific Paul Stirling.
James Shannon (38) added 85 for the fourth wicket with skipper Andrew Balbirnie.
The captain showed great application adjusting to the difficult conditions, before accelerating as the ball softened and batting became much easier. He top-scored with 83. The middle and lower all chipped in, with good contributions from George Dockrell (28 not out), Lee Nelson (27), and Stuart Poynter (19).
Boosted by the concession of 55 extras, a final Irish total of 281 was always going to be beyond the capabilities of Guernsey. In the bowling, Matthew Breban (3-38) excelled.
Guernsey mustered just 49 runs in 16.2 overs.
Craig Young claimed 5/22 in seven overs, while Shane Getkate took 3/18. Graeme McCarter finished things off with 2/2 from eight deliveries.
- Afghanistan in Ireland 2016
- Afghanistan in Scotland 2016
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- India in West Indies 2016
- India in Zimbabwe 2016
- Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016
- Pakistan Women in England 2016
- Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016
- West Indies Tri-Series 2016
View all Current Events CLICK HERE