|Event:||Australia in British Isles 2009|
DateLine: 16th July 2009
Kevin Pietersen has been declared fit for the second Ashes Test after having an injection in his troublesome Achilles.
Pietersen underwent a jab yesterday and had a similar one in his back prior to the opening match in Cardiff.
"He had an injection in his back before the game at Cardiff," confirmed an England spokesman.
"He then had an injection in his Achilles yesterday. He is fit and available for selection."
England's confidence in Pietersen's availability led them to release Warwickshire batsman Ian Bell earlier today.
The right-hander had earlier this summer missed the one-day series against West Indies. earlier this summer with the Achilles problem.
When his problem first flared, medical opinion suggested two to three months rest was the best route to recovery.
But his desire to feature in his third Ashes series, and indeed his importance to the England team, resulted in him following other methods.
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- Australia in India 2016/17
- Australia Women in New Zealand 2016/17
- Bangladesh in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's World Cup Qualifier 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in India 2016/17
- Ireland in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in Australia 2016/17
- South Africa in New Zealand 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Australia 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE