|Ground:||County Ground, Derby|
|Scorecard:||England Under-19s v Bangladesh Under-19s|
|Player:||Sabbir Rahman, Azeem Rafiq|
|Event:||Bangladesh Under-19s in England 2009|
DateLine: 16th July 2009
A superb spell from Azeem Rafiq was not quite enough for England U-19 to claim victory over the Bangladeshi team. England still won the series 1-0. A delayed start to the day's proceedings ultimately cost England time to bowl out the opposition.
England had declared at their overnight score to set a target of 375. Unlike in the first innings there was no fight in the second innings of the match as wickets fell regularly. Battling knocks from the lower order saved the blushes for the team as they had at one point slipped to 103 for 6. An unbeaten 51 from Shabbir Rahman helped in keeping his team afloat after they had slipped to 103 for 6.
Rafiq took 5 for 77 as he threatened to run through the Bangladesh line up.
- Australia in New Zealand 2016/17
- Bangladesh in New Zealand 2016/17
- Desert Twenty20 2016/17
- England in India 2016/17
- ICC Women's World Cup Qualifier 2016/17
- Pakistan in Australia 2016/17
- South Africa Women in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in South Africa 2016/17
- United Arab Emirates Tri-series 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE