|Player:||KP Pietersen, MG Johnson|
|Event:||Australia in British Isles 2009|
DateLine: 13th July 2009
England batsman Kevin Pietersen got into a heated argument with Australia pacer Mitchell Johnson before the start of the final day in Cardiff.
The argument looked to have clearly rattled the right-hander while he went into bat in England's second innings in the first Test.
The tension boiled over when Pietersen struck a ball that went close to hitting Johnson, who was warming up with his teammates before the start of the day's play.
The Australian pacer was not amused and confronted Pietersen and the pair was captured by TV cameras standing chest to chest, exchanging words and eyeballing each other until Johnson was pulled away by fellow pacer Stuart Clark.
This incident agitated Pietersen and it looked he was completely out of the game during his 16 minutes stay at the crease.
Pietersen edged an aggressive Johnson just short of second slip and also survived a close lbw appeal from Peter Siddle. He was finally cleaned up by Ben Hilfenhaus for eight runs.
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- Australia in India 2016/17
- Australia Women in New Zealand 2016/17
- Bangladesh in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's World Cup Qualifier 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in Australia 2016/17
- South Africa in New Zealand 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Australia 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE