|Player:||KP Pietersen, MG Johnson|
|Event:||Australia in British Isles 2009|
DateLine: 13th July 2009
England batsman Kevin Pietersen got into a heated argument with Australia pacer Mitchell Johnson before the start of the final day in Cardiff.
The argument looked to have clearly rattled the right-hander while he went into bat in England's second innings in the first Test.
The tension boiled over when Pietersen struck a ball that went close to hitting Johnson, who was warming up with his teammates before the start of the day's play.
The Australian pacer was not amused and confronted Pietersen and the pair was captured by TV cameras standing chest to chest, exchanging words and eyeballing each other until Johnson was pulled away by fellow pacer Stuart Clark.
This incident agitated Pietersen and it looked he was completely out of the game during his 16 minutes stay at the crease.
Pietersen edged an aggressive Johnson just short of second slip and also survived a close lbw appeal from Peter Siddle. He was finally cleaned up by Ben Hilfenhaus for eight runs.
- Asia Cup 2015/16
- Australia in New Zealand 2015/16
- Australia Women in New Zealand 2015/16
- England in South Africa 2015/16
- England Women in South Africa 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Australia 2015/16
- Sri Lanka in India 2015/16
- Sri Lanka Women in India 2015/16
- West Indies Women in South Africa 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE