|Ground:||Kennington Oval, Kennington|
|Scorecard:||Surrey v Middlesex|
|Player:||OA Shah, DJ Malan, MJ Brown|
|Event:||Twenty20 Cup 2009|
DateLine: 28th June 2009
The berths for the quarterfinals have already been booked and the match between the bottom-placed teams had little effect on the table standings.
Owais Shah was the man in form as he took a beleaguered Middlesex to a rare win in this season.
Electing to bat first Surrey made a promising start with openers, Michael Brown and Chris Jordan, adding 76. Brown scored a quickfire 77 off only 54 balls, but once he was dismissed the Surrey innings was deprived of any momentum that is needed in the final few overs.
For Middlesex Malan bowled a superb spell and though he did not have wickets to show in his column he kept the things under a tight leash.
Middlesex lost Billy Godleman, who was bowled by Jordan, but Shah, batting at No.3, stepped up with a half-century. He scored a well-paced 61 off 41 balls to lead Middlesex to victory in the 19th over.
- Afghanistan in Ireland 2016
- Afghanistan in Scotland 2016
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- India in West Indies 2016
- India in Zimbabwe 2016
- Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016
- Pakistan Women in England 2016
- Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016
- West Indies Tri-Series 2016
View all Current Events CLICK HERE