|Player:||KP Pietersen, SK Warne|
|Event:||Australia in British Isles 2009|
DateLine: 25th June 2009
Australian spin legend Shane Warne said England stand no chance of winning the Ashes without Kevin Pietersen.
Pietersen is a doubtful starter for the tournament owing to his Achilles heel injury.
"The one person England have to have is Kevin Pietersen. If England haven't got Pietersen I don't believe they can win. He's just a wonderful player," Warne said about his former Hampshire teammate.
The leggie with more than 700 wickets in his kitty said according to him Adil Rashid deserved the second spinner's role ahead of the battling Monty Panesar. Warne also stressed the importance of Andrew Flintoff's presence in the side.
"England haven't rushed Rashid and I think he's played pretty well in his limited opportunity in (the World) Twenty20," Warne said.
"He should play in the first Test with Graeme Swann. Rashid and Graeme Swann; Ryan Sidebottom and James Anderson - that's a really well-balanced attack for the conditions you're going to have over here."
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE