|Scorecard:||Gloucestershire v Nottinghamshire|
|Player:||CMW Read, SP Kirby, J Lewis, WTS Porterfield, CG Taylor, CM Spearman|
|Event:||Friends Provident Trophy 2009|
DateLine: 16th June 2009
Gloucestershire beat Nottinghamshire by six wickets to enter the semi-finals of the Friends Provident Trophy.
Batting first, Notts scored 189 off 44.2 overs. Chris Read was the top scorer with 57 runs while Mark Ealham contributed 33 and Andre Adams 30. Their batting was rattled by seamers Jon Lewis (4/34) and Steven Kirby (3/33).
In reply, New Zealander Craig Spearman and Chris Taylor compiled an 85-run fourth wicket stand to ensure that Gloucestershire didnít have any trouble chasing the Notts total. Spearman scored an unbeaten 50 and Taylor 40.
William Porterfield, freshly returned from his ICC Twenty20 World Cup stint for Ireland, contributed 36 up the order.
Samit Patel claimed two wickets for Notts.
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE