|Ground:||County Ground, New Road, Worcester|
|Scorecard:||Worcestershire v Sussex|
|Player:||PP Chawla, MM Ali|
DateLine: 15th June 2009
Piyush Chawla spun Sussex to a win over Worcestershire as he showed the Indian selectors that he was an improved cricketer. Sussex was able to get full worth of signing up Chawla for a short term as t the Indian leg-spinner followed up his maiden century with six for 152 which. Worcestershire had threatened to escape with a draw when Daryl Mitchell and Moeen Ali defied Sussex for almost three hours in compiling a stand of 208. Moeen Ali completed his century, but in the end it was not good enough.
But the Moeen was dismissed by James Kirtley, triggering the loss of four wickets in 10 overs and Worcestershire's fourth defeat in five games. Mitchell applied himself for six-and-a-quarter hours but got out for 99 when he was picked up by Chawla. Ashley Noffke was foxed by Chawla and then Gareth Batty’s dismissal gave him his fifth wicket of the innings.
- Australia in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- New Zealand in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- South Africa in Australia 2014/15
- South Africa in New Zealand 2014/15
- South Africa Women in Sri Lanka 2014/15
- West Indies in India 2014/15
- West Indies Women in Australia 2014/15
- Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014/15
View all Current Events CLICK HERE