|Scorecard:||Durham v Nottinghamshire|
|Player:||MJ Di Venuto, DM Benkenstein, ME Claydon, AC Voges, WI Jefferson|
|Event:||Twenty20 Cup 2009|
DateLine: 1st June 2009
Right-arm medium-fast bowler Mitchell Claydon claimed five wickets as Nottinghamshire, chasing Durham’s 177/4, fell short by eight runs in a North Division Twenty20 match at Chester-le-Street on Sunday.
Sent in to bat, Durham capitalized on an innings of 55 from Australian Michael Di Venuto and some murderous hitting from South African Dale Benkenstein to score 177/4.
Benkenstein cracked 48 runs off just 18 balls with five sixes and one four, changing the score from modest to a winning total.
In reply, Nottinghamshire never got off the ground, as Claydon removed three of the top four batsmen, and then returned to take care of the potentially dangerous Mark Ealham and then finish things for Durham, as the rivals were dismissed for 169 off 19.4 overs.
Claydon has figures of 5/26 off 3.4 overs. Only William Jefferson (42) and Adam Voges (33) were able to provide some Nottinghamshire.
- Afghanistan in Ireland 2016
- Afghanistan in Scotland 2016
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- India in West Indies 2016
- India in Zimbabwe 2016
- Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016
- Pakistan Women in England 2016
- Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016
- West Indies Tri-Series 2016
View all Current Events CLICK HERE