|Event:||ICC World Twenty20 2009|
DateLine: 30th May 2009
Former Pakistan wicketkeeper captain Rashid Latif believes BCCI made a mistake by holding the IPL days ahead of ICC Twenty20 World Championship. The former Pak skipper said he felt Indian players have been on the road for almost one year now and would be tired and jaded for an event of such a huge magnitude.
According to him, South Africa are the best side and would be favourites to lift the title. Speaking on the Asian sides the right-hander said that both India and Pakistan have some good players but will take a little time to adjust to the conditions. Latif said that the Twenty20 World Cup would generate more enthusiasm and support among the people compared to the IPL.
"The IPL has its own flavor but remember cricket has always based itself around nation vs nation contests and I think definitely the viewership for a India-Pakistan match or an Australia-England clash would always be much greater then watching Deccan Chargers play Bangalore Royals," he said.
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE