|Player:||SD Udal, SK Warne|
DateLine: 14th May 2009
The Middlesex Panthers, reigning Twenty20 champions of English cricket, will take on the defending Indian Premier League champions Rajasthan Royals in the first British Asian Cup. The match on July 6 is scheduled to be played at Lord's.
According to a release, a portion of the proceeds will go to the British Asian Trust, one of the Prince of Wales' charities.
The British Asian Cup is would also see Shane Warne in action at Lord’s, possibly for the last time, the release said.
The game will feature some of the real stars of the Twenty20 game. The Panthers will be led by their captain Shaun Udal and his squad will include Tyrone Henderson, Owais Shah and Murali Kartik – all of whom are part of the IPL this season.
In addition to Warne, the Rajasthan Royals will include Graeme Smith, Morne Morkel, Dimitri Mascarenhas and Pakistanis Sohail Tanveer and Kamran Akmal, as also Munaf Patel, Ravindra Jadeja, Yusuf Pathan and Swapnil Asnodkar.
The British Asian Cup will become the annual competition between the winners of the IPL and the English Twenty20 Cup. In future years it will be played as a best-of-three series.
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE