Born at Bulwell, Nottinghamshire, 10th July 1848.
Died at Rastrick, Yorkshire, 19th November 1905.
In the early 1870s it is thought that he had an engagement with a club in or near Derby and in 1874 he was tried in three matches for Derbyshire. By 1876 he was back in his own county of Nottinghamshire and had an engagement with the Nottingham Commercial Club. Between 1876 and 1881 he played for Nottinghamshire 17 times and played in a total of 24 First-class matches. In 1879 he was engaged at Rochdale, in Lancashire and from 1880 at Brighouse, in Yorkshire, where he moved. He was originally a blacksmith by trade but by 1881 had become a publican.
At the time of the 1881 Census he was living at the Round House Inn, 1 Clifton Road, Hipperholme cum Brighouse, Yorkshire, aged 31, a publican, with his wife Annie, aged 21, born Eakring, Nottinghamshire, and his sister-in-law, Susan Wibberly, a 16 year old bar maid.
(Article: Copyright © 2004 Don Ambrose)
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE