Born at Rochdale, Lancashire, 4th May 1855.
Died at Heald Green, Cheadle, Cheshire, 14th August 1936.
The son of S. Taylor, of Rochdale, Lancashire, he was educated at Clifton College, where he was a member of the cricket eleven. He played in three matches for Gloucestershire in 1873, while he was still at school. Returning to Lancashire he played in 52 first-class matches for them 1874-88. His club cricket was with the Castleton Club, Rochdale. He was in business as a cotton spinner.
At the time of the 1881 Census he was living at 191 Drake Street, Castleton, Rochdale, Lancashire, unmarried, aged 25, a cotton spinner. Also at this address are two brothers and two sisters, all unmarried. Mary Frances aged 22, Ellen Gertrude aged 20, Marshall aged 16 and Herbert aged 12. Miss Caroline Tweedale, aged 21 born Rochdale, is a visitor. There are two domestic servants.
(Article: Copyright © 2004 Don Ambrose)
- Australia in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- New Zealand in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- South Africa in Australia 2014/15
- South Africa in New Zealand 2014/15
- South Africa Women in Sri Lanka 2014/15
- West Indies in India 2014/15
- West Indies Women in Australia 2014/15
- Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014/15
View all Current Events CLICK HERE