Born at Hucknall Torkard, Nottinghamshire, 11th March 1845.
Died at Hucknall Torkard, Nottinghamshire, 14th July 1919.
A coal miner at Hucknall Torkard, he played his local cricket with the Bestwood Park C.C. He went out as professional with the Kelburn Club, Paisley, Scotland, in 1868, he was at Newark in 1873 and in 1874 at Castletown, Rochdale, Lancashire. In 1875 he was at Great Harwood, Lancashire and in 1878 at Bolton. It was 1873 that he was selected as a Colt by Nottinghamshire and his only two first-class matches did not take place until 1881, when he was thirty-six years old.
In the 1881 Census he is shown living at Wood Lane, Hucknall Torkard, aged 35, a coal miner, with his wife Elizabeth, aged 34. They have three daughters, Hannah aged 12, Jane aged 10, Elizabeth A. aged 6, and two sons, Samuel aged 3, and Thomas aged 11 months.
(Article: Copyright © 2004 Don Ambrose)
- Australia in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- New Zealand in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- South Africa in Australia 2014/15
- South Africa in New Zealand 2014/15
- South Africa Women in Sri Lanka 2014/15
- West Indies in India 2014/15
- West Indies Women in Australia 2014/15
- Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014/15
View all Current Events CLICK HERE