Born at Hucknall Torkard, Nottinghamshire, 11th March 1845.
Died at Hucknall Torkard, Nottinghamshire, 14th July 1919.
A coal miner at Hucknall Torkard, he played his local cricket with the Bestwood Park C.C. He went out as professional with the Kelburn Club, Paisley, Scotland, in 1868, he was at Newark in 1873 and in 1874 at Castletown, Rochdale, Lancashire. In 1875 he was at Great Harwood, Lancashire and in 1878 at Bolton. It was 1873 that he was selected as a Colt by Nottinghamshire and his only two first-class matches did not take place until 1881, when he was thirty-six years old.
In the 1881 Census he is shown living at Wood Lane, Hucknall Torkard, aged 35, a coal miner, with his wife Elizabeth, aged 34. They have three daughters, Hannah aged 12, Jane aged 10, Elizabeth A. aged 6, and two sons, Samuel aged 3, and Thomas aged 11 months.
(Article: Copyright © 2004 Don Ambrose)
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Bangladesh Women in Pakistan 2015/16
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan Women in West Indies and United States of America 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- West Indians in Sri Lanka 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE