ROYLE, George Murray.
Born at Nottingham, 9th January 1843.
Died at Sherwood Rise, Nottingham, 26th February 1910.
He played his club cricket for the Nottingham Commercial Club, from 1863 and captained that club for some years and was a member of the Committee. He was also secretary of the Lace CC. He played in three first-class matches for Nottinghamshire between 1871 and 1881 and was a member of the County Cricket Club Committee from 1894 for sixteen years. He was a lace manufacturer and when he died left £24,162.
At the time of the 1881 Census he was living at 14 Cranmer Street, Nottingham, aged 38, a lace manufacturer, with his wife Elizabeth D., aged 38, and three sons, William N. aged 13, Frederic M. aged 10 and Archibald G. aged 7. There are two domestic servants.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Don Ambrose)
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Bangladesh Women in Pakistan 2015/16
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan Women in West Indies and United States of America 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- West Indians in Sri Lanka 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE