ROYLE, George Murray.
Born at Nottingham, 9th January 1843.
Died at Sherwood Rise, Nottingham, 26th February 1910.
He played his club cricket for the Nottingham Commercial Club, from 1863 and captained that club for some years and was a member of the Committee. He was also secretary of the Lace CC. He played in three first-class matches for Nottinghamshire between 1871 and 1881 and was a member of the County Cricket Club Committee from 1894 for sixteen years. He was a lace manufacturer and when he died left £24,162.
At the time of the 1881 Census he was living at 14 Cranmer Street, Nottingham, aged 38, a lace manufacturer, with his wife Elizabeth D., aged 38, and three sons, William N. aged 13, Frederic M. aged 10 and Archibald G. aged 7. There are two domestic servants.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Don Ambrose)
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE