Born at Grenada, Windward Islands, West Indies, 26th August 1849.
Died at Grenada, Windward Islands, West Indies, 29th March 1938.
Educated at the Hermitage School, Bath, he became a student in the Middle Temple, and eventually a barrister, practising in London and at Bath. He was a member of the MCC and played one first-class match for Middlesex in 1876. He started playing for Somerset in 1878 and played five first-class matches for that county 1883-91. He played 20 first-class matches in all. His brother, C.H.A. Ross, played a couple of first-class matches for Middlesex in 1875.
At the time of the 1881 Census he was living at 3 Montagu Square, Marylebone, London, the home of his widowed mother Mary P., aged 66, born at Keswick, Cumberland. His unmarried Sister, Sophia B, aged 43, born London, and his unmarried brother Edmund E., born Grenada, an ex-Army Officer, aged 40, are also present. He is unmarried, aged 32, a barrister. There are three domestic servants.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Don Ambrose)
- Afghanistan in Ireland 2016
- Afghanistan in Scotland 2016
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- India in West Indies 2016
- India in Zimbabwe 2016
- Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016
- Pakistan Women in England 2016
- Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016
- West Indies Tri-Series 2016
View all Current Events CLICK HERE