ROBERTSON (-WALKER), James.
Born at Wardieburn, Edinburgh, Scotland, 10th November 1850.
Died at Kensington, London, 21st March 1927.
He was the son of Murdo Robertson, and was educated at the Edinburgh Academy 1866-69, and went up to Worcester College, Oxford, where he gained his B.A. He did not play in any first-class cricket while at University. Between 1877 and 1892 he played in 156 first-class matches, 102 being for Middlesex and most of the others for MCC., of which club he became a member of the Committee in 1894. In 1893 he succeeded to the estate of Gilgarren, Distington, Cumberland, and took on the additional name of WALKER.
He could not be found in the 1881 Census.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Don Ambrose)
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in Australia 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2015/16
- Sri Lanka Women in New Zealand 2015/16
- UAE Associates Matches 2015/16
- West Indies in Australia 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE