ROBERTSON (-WALKER), James.
Born at Wardieburn, Edinburgh, Scotland, 10th November 1850.
Died at Kensington, London, 21st March 1927.
He was the son of Murdo Robertson, and was educated at the Edinburgh Academy 1866-69, and went up to Worcester College, Oxford, where he gained his B.A. He did not play in any first-class cricket while at University. Between 1877 and 1892 he played in 156 first-class matches, 102 being for Middlesex and most of the others for MCC., of which club he became a member of the Committee in 1894. In 1893 he succeeded to the estate of Gilgarren, Distington, Cumberland, and took on the additional name of WALKER.
He could not be found in the 1881 Census.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Don Ambrose)
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE