Terry Davies joined the Glamorgan staff in 1979 after being on the M.C.C. groundstaff for a couple of years, as well as having football trials with West Ham, Tottenham Hotspur and Luton Town.
Initially, he was Eifion Jones` understudy, but in 1984 he became the club`s first choice wicket-keeper following Jones` retirement. After gaining a regular first team spot, Davies proved himself to be an agile wicket-keeper and also a more than useful lower order batsman who on several occasions acted as night-watchman after the loss of early wickets. He also took part in a record tenth wicket partnership of 143 with Simon Daniels against Gloucestershire at Swansea in 1982.
During his career, Davies regularly spent the winter months playing grade cricket in Sydney, and at the end of the 1986 season he emigrated to Australia. He has subsequently become a state selector with New South Wales.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Dr.A.K.Hignell)
- Afghanistan in Ireland 2016
- Afghanistan in Scotland 2016
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- India in West Indies 2016
- Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016
- Pakistan Women in England 2016
- Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016
- West Indies Tri-Series 2016
View all Current Events CLICK HERE