Norman Featherstone joined Glamorgan in 1980 after a highly successful twelve year career with Middlesex and a Benefit Year in 1979 that raised over £30,000.
The right-handed batsman and off-spin bowler won his Glamorgan cap in 1980, and was regarded by some as a likely candidate to take over the captaincy from Malcolm Nash. He duly passed 1,000 runs in both 1980 and 1981, but after receiving a promising business offer, he announced his retirement before the start of the 1982 season, and remained in the Cape.
Featherstone has subsequently been involved in sports promotions in South Africa, including formula one motor racing at the Kyalami Circuit.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Dr.A.K.Hignell)
- Australia in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- New Zealand in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- South Africa in Australia 2014/15
- South Africa in New Zealand 2014/15
- South Africa Women in Sri Lanka 2014/15
- West Indies in India 2014/15
- West Indies Women in Australia 2014/15
- Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014/15
View all Current Events CLICK HERE