Norman Featherstone joined Glamorgan in 1980 after a highly successful twelve year career with Middlesex and a Benefit Year in 1979 that raised over £30,000.
The right-handed batsman and off-spin bowler won his Glamorgan cap in 1980, and was regarded by some as a likely candidate to take over the captaincy from Malcolm Nash. He duly passed 1,000 runs in both 1980 and 1981, but after receiving a promising business offer, he announced his retirement before the start of the 1982 season, and remained in the Cape.
Featherstone has subsequently been involved in sports promotions in South Africa, including formula one motor racing at the Kyalami Circuit.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Dr.A.K.Hignell)
- Afghanistan in Ireland 2016
- Afghanistan in Scotland 2016
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- India in West Indies 2016
- Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016
- Pakistan Women in England 2016
- Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016
- West Indies Tri-Series 2016
View all Current Events CLICK HERE